Microfiber Cloth For Car Care – How To Get The Perfect Shine?
A microfiber cloth is made of very fine synthetic fibers, making it perfect for car detailing and polishing. It traps and holds dust and dirt – great for removing fingerprints and smudges. And best of all, it doesn’t leave any scratches on your paint job.
But not all microfiber cloths are created equal. So which one is the best for the job? And how do you use it properly to achieve optimum results? Wonder no more – just keep reading!
6 Reasons Why Microfiber Car Towels Are Worth Switching To!
Microfiber towels are the best choice for car washing because they are:
- Non-abrasive and will not scratch the car’s paint
- Highly absorbent and will remove more dirt and grime
- Lint-free, so they will not leave behind any streaks or smears
- Quick-drying so you can avoid water spots
- Durable and can be used over and over again
- Easy to clean – just throw them in the washing machine!
Now that you know the benefits of microfiber towels, it’s time to pick the right one for your car.
How To Choose The Right Car Cleaning Microfiber Towel?
Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for microfiber car towels:
The type of fabric your towel is made from will play a big role in how well it cleans –
- Look for a towel that is made from 100% polyester or nylon—these synthetic materials are best at trapping and removing dirt and dust.
- Avoid towels made from natural fibers like cotton or linen, as they can actually push dirt and dust around rather than trapping it.
Microfiber towels come in a variety of sizes, so you’ll want to choose one that is appropriate for the task at hand –
- For example, if you’re cleaning the interior of your car, you’ll need a smaller towel that can reach into tight spaces.
- But if you’re washing the exterior of your car, you’ll need a larger towel that can cover more surface area.
The weight of your microfiber towel will also play a role in its cleaning power –
- Heavier towels are more effective at removing tough dirt and grime, but they can also be more challenging to handle.
- If you’re cleaning delicate surfaces, like the inside of your car, opt for a lighter towel.
4. Edge Type
The type of edge on your microfiber towel can also affect its performance –
- Some towels have sewn edges, which can create streaks when you’re cleaning.
- Others have rolled or serged edges, which are less likely to leave behind streaks.
Believe it or not, the color of your microfiber towel can also make a difference in its cleaning power –
- Dark-colored towels are better at hiding dirt and grime, while light-colored towels will show every speck of dust.
- If you’re using your towel on a surface that tends to get dirty quickly, like the interior of your car, opt for a dark-colored towel.
Now that you know what to look for in a microfiber car cloth, it’s time to start shopping!
The 5 Best Microfiber Towels For Cars In 2022
When it comes to car detailing, these car drying towels are some of the best available options –
The premium microfiber towels from Chemical Guys are some of the best microfiber cloths for car washing that you’ll find on the market.
They’re made with a thick, plush fabric that’s designed to be super absorbent. The towels are also lint-free and streak-free, leaving your car’s surface looking clean and shiny.
- Made of durable, high-quality materials
- Very effective at car cleaning and polishing
- Perfect for use on all types of surfaces
- A bit pricey
The Final Verdict –
The Chemical Guys Professional-Grade towels are a great option if you’re looking for a top-of-the-line microfiber drying towel. However, if the price is a concern, there are other options available that will get the job done just as well.
2. The Rag Company Terry Cleaning Towels – Multipurpose Microfiber Cloths
These microfiber cloths for car washing from The Rag Company are another excellent option.
These streak-free cleaning towels are highly versatile, so you can be sure your car will look its best after being washed with one of these clothes.
- Non-abrasive and lint-free
- Super absorbent and easy-to-clean
- Can be used for a variety of cleaning tasks
- Affordable and worth the value
- May not be as durable as some other options
The Final Verdict –
If you are looking for a versatile and affordable microfiber towel for car washing, the Rag Company Terry Cleaning Towel is a great option. However, if durability is your top priority, you may want to consider another option.
Yet another excellent option from The Rag Company is these Eagle Edgeless towels made from a professional Korean 70/30 blend of microfiber.
This means they are super plush and absorbent, making them perfect for car washing. They also have a circular knit weave, making them less likely to scratch your car’s surface.
- Super plush and absorbent
- Edgeless design
- Circular knit weave
- May be too thick for some people’s liking
The Final Verdict –
The Eagle Edgeless 500 are some of the best car drying towels you can buy, thanks to their super plush microfiber construction and circular knit weave. Admittedly, they’re a bit pricey, but they’re worth it if you want the best.
This is one of the best microfiber towels for your car. It is super absorbent and can hold up to 10 times its own weight in water.
The waffle weave design helps to dry your car quickly and evenly. This towel is perfect for drying your car, windows, and mirrors. It is also great for cleaning your car’s interior.
- Waffle design makes it very absorbent
- Gets the job done quickly
- Can be used on a variety of surfaces
- Made of cotton
- May leave streaks if not used correctly
The Final Verdict –
The Zwipes Auto 879-2 Professional Microfiber Car Drying Towel is a high-quality absorbent towel. However, it may leave a bit of a streak behind on delicate surfaces, so it is essential to use this towel correctly.
If you’re looking for a low-cost microfiber cleaning cloth that does an effective job, the AmazonBasics Microfiber Cleaning Cloths are a great option.
These versatile car cleaning cloths can be used for various tasks, including cleaning windows, mirrors, and other glass surfaces, dusting, and polishing.
- Budget-friendly and non-abrasive
- Convenient pack size for bulk buy
- Effective for regular cleaning
- May not last as long as more expensive options
- Can be less effective on tougher stains
The Final Verdict –
The Amazon Basics Microfiber Cleaning Cloths may not be as effective and durable as other expensive options, but they are still a great budget pick for anyone looking for an easy and cheap way to clean their car.
How To Use A Microfiber Towel The Right Way?
Here are some tips on using a microfiber cloth for car washing:
- Wet the towel with water and wring it out. Use a damp towel to wipe down the surface of your car. The water will lift dirt and dust from the surface.
- Dry the car with a separate microfiber towel. Use circular motions to buff away the leftover water or residue.
- You can also use microfiber towels to clean the interior of your car. Wipe down the dashboard, center console, and door panels. Microfiber towels are great for picking up dust and fingerprints.
- If you have leather seats, use a microfiber towel to wipe them down. The towel will help preserve the leather and prevent cracking.
- Microfiber towels can be used for glass cleaning as well. Use a dry towel to wipe away any streaks or smears. For a spotless finish, use a glass cleaner along with the towel.
- You can purchase microfiber towels at most auto stores or online. Look for towels that are made specifically for cleaning cars. Avoid using regular household towels, as they can leave behind lint or streaks.
- With proper care, your microfiber towels will last for many years. Wash them in the washing machine on a gentle cycle. Do not use fabric softener, as this can diminish the absorbency of the towels.
- Once they are dry, store the towels in a cool, dry place. Do not leave them in direct sunlight or in a hot car, as this can damage the fibers.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your car looking its best all year round! And using a microfiber car cloth is the easiest way to do it. So don’t wait – make the switch today!
FAQs – Microfiber Car Towels
1. Are microfiber towels good for cars?
Microfiber towels are great for cars because they have incredible absorbency and can pick up all the dirt and grime from your car’s surface.
2. Do microfiber towels scratch cars?
No, microfiber towels will not scratch your car. In fact, they are often used by detailers to buff out fine scratches.
3. Which towel is best for a car wash?
The best car washing towel depends on your personal preferences. For example, some people prefer a traditional terry cloth towel, while others find that microfiber cleaning towels work better.
4. What is the best way to dry a car after washing it?
The best way to dry a car after washing it is with a clean, soft microfiber car drying towel. They are absorbent and gentle on paint, making them ideal for drying your car.
5. What blend of microfiber towels do you need for car paint?
You will need an ultra-soft, gentle microfiber towel for car paint. The best type of microfiber towel is one that is made from 100% polyester or a blend of polyester and nylon.
6. Which type of microfiber towel is best?
There is no one “type” of microfiber towel that is best for all applications. Different types of microfiber cleaning towels are better suited for different tasks.
For example, a softer towel may be better for wiping down your car’s interior, while a tougher towel may be better for washing the exterior.
7. Which is better, chamois or microfiber?
Chamois and microfiber are both excellent choices for car drying cloths. They are both absorbent and gentle on paint, so it comes down to personal preference.
Many people prefer microfiber because it is easier to care for and dries more quickly than chamois.
8. Is it bad to let your car air dry after washing it?
No, letting your car air dry after washing it is not bad. However, if you live in an area with high humidity, it is best to dry your car with a microfiber towel.
9. How often should you wash your car?
You should wash your car once a week or every two weeks. If you live in an area with high humidity, you may need to wash your car more often.
Grab A Pile Of High-Quality Microfiber Towels!
Microfiber towels have become a popular choice for car enthusiasts and detailers alike because of their ability to remove dirt, dust, and debris without the use of harsh chemicals.
In addition, microfiber car cloths can be used to apply wax or polish to your car’s finish, which will help you achieve that perfect shine.
So what are you waiting for? Pick up a few of the best microfiber towels for cars today and see how they can help you get your vehicle looking its best!